Clearwater International advises PE fund Alantra in the cross-border acquisition of MD Moldes
Clearwater International acted as sole financial adviser to Alantra Private Equity (Alantra), on the acquisition of 70% stake in the privately owned, Portuguese automotive lighting mould manufacturer, MD Moldes. Alantra acquired the company directly from the shareholders in a one-to-one negotiation. The company founder will keep the remaining 30% and, together with the management team, will remain in the company to support Alantra’s growth strategy.
MD Moldes provides injection moulding solutions, with in-house capabilities to design, engineer and manufacture automotive lighting moulds and serial production of plastic injection parts. It supplies molds for top automotive brands, such as Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley or BMW.
The company has a strong research and development team that allows them to apply the latest technologies including laser and OLED. More than 90% of the production is exported, its main customers are global TIER 1 suppliers of lighting components.
Alantra Private Equity is the private equity and venture capital arm of Alantra Partners SA, which specialises in mid-market investments in Spain and Portugal, with an average investment of €35 – 70m in companies with enterprise values between €80 – 250m, seeking for market leaders with plans for international expansion of their business. MD Moldes is the first investment of its new €450m Private Equity Fund III.
In this transaction, Clearwater International offered a cross-border advisory service to Alantra, led by Partner of Clearwater Spain Francisco Gómez, International Head of Automotive and Partner of Clearwater Germany Tobias Schätzmüller, Partner of Clearwater Portugal José Lemos and Associate Artur Pereira. This transaction further demonstrates Clearwater’s cross-border capabilities, optimising the expertise and network of the international team.
Adviser to Alantra Private Equity on its acquisition of a majority stake in MD MoldesView more