16/05/2019 - News
Clearwater International's Debt Advisory service continues exceptional growth trajectory
Clearwater International’s UK Debt Advisory team has had a further year of continued growth with 25 transactions completed with deal values exceeding €1.4bn.
The Debt Advisory element of the Clearwater business continues to represent a key growth area both within the UK and Europe where dedicated debt specialists are becoming more valued by borrowers due predominantly to the fragmented debt markets. The UK team alone has over 150 years of combined experience with there being a desire to continue to attract further talent across the various UK offices.
Key transactions completed during the financial year ended 31st March included:
- Raising acquisition finance on behalf of Waterland Private Equity to support the merger of Textile Recycling with Nathan’s Wastesavers and Cookstown Textile Recyclers
- Advising private equity house Livingbridge on the debt raise to support the investment in loveholidays
- Assisting telecoms company Wavenet, backed by Beech Tree Private Equity, on its fundraise with Ares Management and RBS to support the business’ continued growth strategy
As evidenced above, Clearwater continues to have a strong relationship with Private Equity investors with 25 houses utilising the Debt Advisory service over the past 7 years. This is an area where a strong market presence has been established and is complimentary to the wider Clearwater M&A offering.
Importantly, the business has a broad client base with other highlights including:
- Advising the “not for profit” Shaw Trust, a provider of job-seeker, children and education services, on raising banking facilities to support continued growth
- Assisting the privately owned Elite Group in putting in place a “War Chest” facility to assist with their ongoing acquisition strategy
As a summary, demand is high in the mid-market for debt finance to meet clients’ aims and M&A needs. With more diverse debt options available, Clearwater’s dedicated team is advising on more debt transactions with a wider range of lenders. Entities that engage with specialist advisors such as Clearwater are able to access more liquidity and negotiate better terms than those who don’t given the team’s market knowledge and strong reputation within the debt market.
Mark Taylor, Partner and International Head of Debt Advisory, commented: “We recognised the market opportunity to assist both Private Equity firms and Corporates with any debt related issues they may face and to look at this area strategically. I am delighted to say that this offering has been well received by both existing Clearwater relationships and potential clients thus giving us the confidence to continue to invest in our proposition. We have established a talented team of dedicated professionals who recognise the need for both quality service and pragmatic advice. The current year has started well with activity levels continuing to increase…..it goes to say that we are keen to invest further in our senior team.”