Quarterly Review Q4 18/19Download PDF
In the last quarter, at Clearwater International we completed 22 transactions. Healthcare was the busiest sector completing 5 deals, 4 of which were in the care services sub-sector advising specialist residential care service providers and specialist clinics across Europe.
Last quarter also saw us advise: one of the UK’s largest food manufacturers, 2 Sisters Food Group on the sale of Green Isle Brands and Donegal Catch; leading IT services and solutions provider in the Nordics, Dustin on its acquisition of Inventio.IT; and BayWar.e, the leading renewable energy developer and supplier, on the sale of its biomethanetrading business BMH to bmp greengas.
We are delighted to have been shortlisted for a number of awards over the last quarter including Real Deals’ Private Equity Pan-European Corporate Finance House of the Year and HealthInvestorUK’s Corporate Financier of the Year.
We have also announced that we are sponsoring 27 year old solo sailor Antoine Oulhen, as he competes in the Mini-Transat 2019, a solo transatlantic yacht race starting from La Rochelle, France and finishing in Le Marin bay, Martinique in the Caribbean. Antoine will be taking part in a series of qualifying races throughout the summer starting with the PlastimoLorient Mini on April 12th. We will be supporting him throughout these qualifying races until the end of the Mini-Transat race in November so expect to hear more on this over the coming months.
instrumental in securing a successful outcome
"I would like to thank Rob and the team for their guidance and expert advice. Their support has been instrumental in securing a successful outcome. In TPA, we have a partner who will help us to realise our ambitious plans for long term sustainable growth."
Nigel Parkes, Managing Director, Pallet-Track
Rankings and awards
- Clearwater International has been named a finalist for the Real Deals' Private Equity Pan-European Corporate Finance House of the Year.
- Clearwater International has been shortlisted for HealthInvestorUK’s Corporate Financier of the Year at the 2019 Awards.
- Laurence de Rosamel, Managing Director, has been named in Mergermarket'sTop 15 financial advisers in France.
- Director Mark Maunsell featured on the judging panel for this year's Recruiter Magazine Awards, recognising outstanding achievements by agencies and in-house recruiters.
- Clearwater International China held its annual forecast and networking event in Madrid, presenting the findings of the "China 2019: Business Environment" report and discussing business trends.
- Clearwater International announced its support of Antoine Oulhenin the Mini-Transat 2019 - a solo transatlantic yacht race covering over 4,000 miles.
- 7 members of the team were promoted during the last quarter demonstrating Clearwater’s commitment to its people.
- Ken Williamson joined Clearwater International UK board as Senior Adviser.
- Ian Edward was appointed as Senior Adviser to the UK Consumer team.
invaluable guidance and tireless support
"We would like to thank John and the Clearwater team for their invaluable guidance and tireless support throughout the transaction process."
Ronald Kers, CEO, 2 Sisters Food Group