Quarterly Review Q3 18/19Download PDF
In the last quarter we completed 32 deals with business services, industrials & chemicals and TMT being the busiest sectors. Those deals saw us working with 21 different private equity houses, and raising over €220m of debt for our clients.
Key transactions last quarter include: advising on the cross-border merger of KN Group, a €350m turnover specialist utilities services provider, with French-based Circet Group; advising Vacanceselect, the European leader in outdoor accommodation, on the sale and leaseback of a portfolio of seven outdoor accommodation sites for over €110m; and advising Danish industrial conglomerate, Schouw & Co., on the cross-border acquisition of CCS Group, by its portfolio company GPV.
For the second year running Clearwater International Germany won the WirtschaftsWoche ‘Best of Consulting’ Award for outstanding advisory services on the sale of Buchbinder Rent-a-Car to French Europcar Group. Additionally Clearwater International France sponsored the AGROFINANCE 2018 Symposium, which brought together over 200 people in the agrofood sector.
Our success and commitment to developing our team capability is reflected in our continued recruitment activity, which over the last quarter included growing our Partner group with the appointment of Octavius Mihaies in Paris and the promotion of Manchester Director Michael Loudon to Partner. Other appointments included healthcare tech and media specialist Hemavli Bali as Director in London, TMT specialist Josemaría Torrens as Director in Madrid and experienced corporate banker Glenn Clarke as a debt advisory Director in Manchester.
clearly understood our objective
"It’s been a pleasure to work with the Clearwater International team who clearly understood our objective and applied great skill and expertise to deliver a strong outcome."
Ryan Hallworth, Senior Investment Manager, Waterland Private Equity
Rankings and awards
- Clearwater International Germany won the WirtschaftsWoche ‘Best of Consulting’ Award for outstanding advisory services on the sale of Buchbinder Rent-a-Car to French Europcar Group. This is the second year in a row that the team has been recognised as one of the best M&A and corporate finance consulting advisers in Germany.
- Clearwater International France sponsored the AGROFINANCE 2018 Symposium, which brought together over 200 people to discuss succession planning and company transfers in the agrofood sector.
- Clearwater International China held their annual China Forecast event in November. The focus was on business trends for the year ahead and the impact on corporate strategy, based on a survey of business leaders and the team's own experience in transactions.
- The international TMT team has expanded with the appointments of Managing Partner and Head of TMT France, Octavius Mihaies in Paris, healthcare tech and media specialist Hemavli Bali as Director in London, and TMT specialist Josemaría Torrens as Director in Madrid.
- The debt advisory team appointed experienced corporate banker Glenn Clarke as a Director in Manchester.
- Director Michael Loudon was promoted to Partner.
We have a trusted relationship
"We would also like to thank the Clearwater team for their guidance and dedication during the process. We have a trusted relationship with Clearwater, having also advised us on the majority sale to Blue Equity in 2013, with their excellent project management skills and expertise proving to be invaluable once again."
Birger Sørensen, CEO, Roll-o-Matic