15/09/2020 - News
Clearwater International strengthens international footprint with Sweden office
Valentum is recognised as the number one sell-side advisory business in Sweden
Sweden-based Valentum has today merged with Clearwater International, the global leading mid-market M&A firm.
The Sweden team join the fully integrated Clearwater structure increasing the international footprint to 18 offices in 10 countries across Europe, Asia and North America.
Valentum is recognised as the number one sell-side advisory business in Sweden, with an excellent track record in international mid-market deals. Over the past eight years, the team has successfully completed 50 transactions in Sweden and internationally through their work with entrepreneurs and private equity funds. Recent transactions include:
- Advising IsaDora, Scandinavia’s leading cosmetics company, on its sale to private equity fund Axcel
- Advising RevolutionRace on its sale to private equity fund Altor. RevolutionRace is a leading Swedish direct-to-consumer brand which designs and develops high-quality functional outdoor clothing, marketed through the company’s online store
- Advising Latour and Serendipity on its sale of Diamorph, a supplier of advanced material solutions for especially demanding and safety-critical industrial applications to private equity fund Epiris
- Advising international transport group Transdev on the sale and carve-out of Flygbussarna Airport Coaches to Vy, one of the largest train and bus companies in the Nordic region
- Advising Sweden’s fastest growing hamburger chain, Bastard Burgers, on its sale to Equip Capital
Partners Tomas Almgren and Gustaf Plyhm will drive the M&A advisory business in Sweden from their offices in Stockholm bolstering Clearwater’s presence in the Nordic region.
According to Mergermarket data, the Nordic region completed over 1,000 deals worth over €70bn in 2019 and has seen record growth over the past few years, alongside a strong private equity market which accounted for €27bn in deal value during 2019.
the Nordic region has remained an active marketplace despite the pandemic with deals still to be done
Michael Reeves, CEO at Clearwater International commented:
“Clearwater International’s footprint is continuing to expand to meet the demands and expectations of our clients. Our global coverage combined with our regional presence provides clients with local access to a wider buyer pool, as well as direct access to PE funds which provides more diverse opportunities. Evidence from our Multiples Heatmap in Q2 2020 demonstrated that the Nordic region has remained an active marketplace despite the pandemic with deals still to be done. I am delighted that the team at Valentum have decided to join our growing advisory firm, we are excited to have them on board to deepen our sector expertise across Europe.”
Tomas Almgren, CEO and Partner at Valentum commented:
“We are excited to join Clearwater International, this is an important step in the evolution of our business. Clearwater have a proven approach to their international reach, sector focus and independent advice, we are looking forward to becoming rooted in their team and expanding our reach.”