Quarterly average multiples – by region
- This chart analyses the average quarterly multiples by region for the six quarters ended 30th June 2018.
- The average European multiple has increased to 10.6x in Q2 2018, reversing the downward trend which started in Q3 2017. Multiples have increased in all regions with the exception of Benelux.
- Multiples in the Nordic region have reached an 18-quarter peak of 12.8x, significantly driven by the TMT, healthcare and business services sectors.
- The Benelux region has seen the lowest multiple in the quarter, dropping from 10.0x in Q1 2018 to 9.6x in this quarter.
- UK/Eire PE deals saw average multiples of 10.5x, back above the longer term average, which represents a 0.6x uplift on the first quarter of 2018.
- The Southern region’s average quarterly multiple remains stable at 9.7x, in line with the previous quarter.
- Multiples in DACH have recovered from 9.4x to 10.8x following two subsequent quarters of decreasing values.
- CEE multiples have redressed back to the long term average following a sharp drop in Q1 2018.
- Multiples paid in France continue to fluctuate around the longer term average of 10.2x.